9 Tips To Help Increase Your Social Media Visibility
Visibility can be described as the overall presence of a brand or its product in a general consumer environment. A business can have a great website, products and services but not many users will find it if it is not visible to them.
Visibility therefore is a combination of the relevance of your content for your ideal clients, how well your messaging resonates with your audience and the frequency of them feeling the urge to connect with your business.
Here are my 9 tips to help increase your social media visibility so you can stand out online, get seen and paid for your products and services.
- Know your audience: Who is the ideal person that can benefit from the product or service that you offer? What problem does your solution cover and who are the people that are looking for these solutions? It is important to identify who your ideal clients are so you can decide how you will make connections with them.
- Being on the right platforms: While there’s no hard-and-fast rule as to the best platform to use, the products and services that you offer will help to determine what platforms are going to be the best places for you to show up and where potential clients are already searching for solutions.
- Using the right keywords: in order for you to show up more for your ideal client you need to be using the words that directly speak to the needs of the person that you are trying to reach. This allows you to show up whenever they type in the words that relate to their unique challenges.
- Using relevant hashtags: Some platforms are specifically built to accommodate the use of hashtags and in order to become visible on those platforms you may need to use hashtags within your contents so that your ideal clients can find you. Carefully research hashtags that are relevant for your business and hashtags that are used by potential clients so that you show up in their searches. Use a combination of small and large hashtags as the size of a hashtag also helps with your visibility.
- Appeal to emotions: Your content should aim to strike up an emotional feeling within your potential clients so that they are encouraged to take action whether It Is by engagement or to purchase your product or service.
- Interact with those who engage with you and use the engagement to help with market research: Whenever persons engage with your content, make an effort to respond to their engagement and ask questions to find out more about the emotion in your content evoked in them.
- Don’t post and ghost: You want to make some time available just before and just after you make a post on social media so that you can engage with your audience and return engagement as soon as a post is made. You can also check back at a later point in the day within a few hours to respond to any other comments that may have been left or other engagements that have been made by your potential client. Never miss an opportunity to engage with your audience as this can be the crucial point where potential clients are looking to connect with you.
- Post captions that grab attention: the first few lines of your post including the header will be crucial in determining whether or not someone reads the remainder of content. you want to ensure that the caption or the header is I catching and makes the reader interested in what you have to say.
- Staying consistent: However you decide to share content you want to ensure that you are able to share on a frequent basis and have the ability to maintain this consistency. People want to know that you are here to stay and maintaining a frequent posting schedule allows them to see you for the expert that you are and know that whenever they are ready to begin working with someone you will be available and ready to serve them.
This list is not exhaustive however I’ve found that the combination has helped me to gain visibility as an online service provider. I’ve found that the combination of these 9 tips can help increase your social media visibility as they allow you to become known, liked and trusted as the expert in your field or industry and your solution gets seen by your potential clients.